Sunday, June 10, 2007

Summertime fun.

This weekend was the big cycling event that I have been managing. THE WINDMILL CLASSIC. You have all seen the photos of the team, generously donated and sent the team well wishes. I thank you for that. I do.
Almost everyone on the team had a great ride. Kristy and Tim who orignially set out to do 40 miles ended up doing 65 (yahhoo!) Andrea, Neil, and Kristen completed their first century (double yahoo!) Glaze, Lauper, Mike, Ryan and Russell completed their century strong, Chrystal and Robbie did 65 miles in a great time, and all of the voluneteers Ryk, Linda, Mike and the 2 Super heros of the day Leanna and Lane did their duty above and beyond the call.

Sonya and I had a different sort of ride. One to the hospital. It is always all fun and games untill you fall off your bike going 21 miles an hour. While riding along the course at mile marker 47 I hooked Sonya's wheel and took a hard fall. I escaped with road rash down my left leg and arm and 12 stitches. Sonya, on a different fall was not as lucky, she has a broken coller bone, whiplash, and a scraped up shoulder. Not cool.


We should be back on our bikes in 3-6 weeks. Any suggestions on what to do until then? What else does one do besides ride their bike?




3 comments:

Susanviews said...

Lia ... OMG!

I am thankful you and Sonya will be okay, but ouch!!! This was quite a sacrifice on behalf of the Marcia Mounsey Foundation.

Take care of yourself, and Sonya.

Love,

Sue

(Several weeks of recuperation at the beach house might be in order!)

KatieKate said...

Lia fall down and go BOOM.

Sorry, Friend. You seemed to be less injured when you were in regular training for martial arts. Hmmmm.

Brown Bear said...

Lia, I am so glad that both you and Sonya will be OK. And as for 3 to 6 weeks - just concentrate on everything that you CAN do! You'll be amazed at how much that is. I know - its a test in patience.

Get better soon!

Love, beth