Friday, December 19, 2008

More on the domestic front

Ok. For my birthday, I received a crock pot. I have never really cooked in a crock pot, or for that matter at all but I was pretty excited for the new challenge. I emailed one of my most cook-iest friends (hi Katie!) about a pot roast recipe and was off to the grocery store.
The butcher lady at the grocery store was so super duper nice. She cut me a new piece of meat and gave me some great cooking tips. I got a little lost in the potatoe department but was sorted out by a phone call to a friend and a nice old lady. (not the same person). Long story short, my pot roast was a success. I have tons of left overs. If you want the recipe here it is:

Pot Roast… in. Little salt and pepper on top.
Carrot, potatoes, onions… in.
Packet of onion mix, packet of brown gravy mix… in.
2 cups of water… in.
Maybe another cup if there’s lots of veggies.

Ok.. so far I have done 2 new things (pot roast and sew).. it is going to be a longer winter than anticipated. It feels like my bike will never see daylight any time soon. If anyone wants to do anything fun just call me.

3 comments:

KatieKate said...

Woo hoo! Way to go, Woman!

Here's a website for you and your crockpot...

http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/

You should be able to eat just fine now :)

oil.andy said...

Lia!!

I haven't visited your blog in a very long time, but now that I am back and read your stories: I love your blog! Good to hear you are having a good time and new curtains.. well, I still don't ;-)

OK... that makes me think about my blog... i should probably think about updating it since the last story is from my "recent" hike with Briana in Boulder, CO ;-)

Anyway! Have a good time and a Merry Christmas and a good slide into 2009 (that's how we say it... strange, i know ;-)

Meli said...

Lia's cooking instead of skiing!?
How're you my dear?
It's been a while since I've been upDATED with news!
I really have to catch up with you and what's new in LIAlife.
I miss you and Denver and being a student at Mines.
Merry Christmas sister and take care and all the best. Kisses Mel