So as you may or may not have realized, we are in the Lent season... which is for some Christian denominations, is the 40 day-long liturgical season of fasting and prayer before Easter.
The purpose of lent is to prepare for Easter - aka the celebration of the resurrection of Christ. To prepare for Easter it is common to give something up.. a sort of 'fasting' so that we can become a little closer to God.
In previous years I have given up chocolate, or television or something of the sort. This year I am giving drinking beer. Now.. even though I am not a daily beer drinker or even anything close to it, an occasional frosty cold one has its perks. For example last night.. the recreation volleyball team I play on won its first game of six. That called for a little celebration which included the frosty beverage. Now.. it will just need to be a nice refreshing glass of Coke.. with a twist of lime.
Call me up friends.. lets go have a cup of Joe or a lemonade. I would love to catch up.
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment